Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance, civil society development and independent media, is accepting applications for eServices IT Project Manager for the USAID and UKaid-funded Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) project.
- Position: eServices IT Project Manager
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Job Type: Full-time
- Application Deadline: open until filled
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance, civil society development and independent media, is accepting applications for eServices IT Project Manager for the USAID and UKaid-funded Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) program.
The purpose of TAPAS is to financially support Ukrainian citizens and the Government of Ukraine in reducing or eliminating corruption in key public administration functions and services and build trust of Ukrainians in their government based on demonstrated transparency, accountability and improved services. The activity will focus on three areas: 1) large scale use of electronic procurement in Ukraine; 2) an effective Open Data program; and 3) transparent and efficient public services in the form of eServices.
eServices IT Project Manager (eSITPM) will manage full cycle IT projects connected to the new eServices implementation, including software design; development and testing of processes; ensuring resources availability and allocation; gathering government beneficiary and eService use feedback; resolving technical issues and communicating with the product owner.
This position reports to eServices Team Lead.
- Implement a comprehensive plan to support the digitization of public services in Ukraine;
- Define the priorities and elaboration of concrete activities necessary to achieve planned goals and fulfill program KPIs;
- Develop scope of work and contract specifications for contractors;
- Lead a small team of business analysts and technology experts working on the services’ digitization;
- Coordinate the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) of eServices transforming under TAPAS program using an Agile approach and Scrum/Kanban/XP etc. methodologies, ensuring timely and accurate monitoring, tracking and reporting;
- Work with 3rd party software development companies to digitize state services;
- Keep track of program activities and timely inform of any delays, pendings, risks if any;
- Control the budget allocated for the specific project and control the payments to the contractors;
- Monitor the activities and ensure the quality of products produced under the eServices component;
- Coordinate project partners and contractors;
- Liaise with eServices component partners and recipient to ensure smooth and productive cooperation;
- Presenting program activities and results to the stakeholder;
- Contribute to strategic planning for the eServices component, participate in the elaboration of work plans, concept notes, program narratives;
- Contribute to annual work plans and to program monitoring, evaluation and reporting, ensure timely and accurate information provided;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Management, IT, Social Sciences, Economics; A combination of relevant academic qualifications and experience in e-services implementation may be accepted in lieu of advanced university degree;
- At least 3 (three) years of respective experience;
- Proven experience of software development of services and products;
- Understanding of innovative IT tools and knowledge sharing mechanisms;
- Professional skills of working with JIRA/Confluence and other online project management tools – mandatory;
- Excellent knowledge of Agile approaches, like Scrum, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc;
- Demonstrated understanding of core enabling technology, such as interoperability solutions, or experience developing specific eServices;
- Demonstrated knowledge of the main eServices stakeholders, the status of implementation as well as the challenges and needs facing the sector;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details;
- Native Ukrainian required; English writing and spoken proficiency required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with ITPMTAPAS in the subject line.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.