Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and vibrant civil society, is accepting applications for English Language Editor position for the USAID- and UK aid-funded Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services/TAPAS Activity.
Position: English language editor
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Position Type: Part-time
Application deadline: December 10, 2019
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and civil society development, is accepting applications for an English language editor for the Foundation’s Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) program. Reporting to the Chief of Party and working closely with the DC-based Civic Engagement and Governance (CEG) Program Officer, the editor will directly contribute to the successful implementation of EF’s innovative eGovernance program. Native proficiency in English is required for this position.
- Carefully read, re-write and/or edit TAPAS bi-weekly, quarterly and annual reports to improve readability.
- Liaise with colleagues in the Kyiv office as needed to clarify intended meaning of content in order to ensure that re-written text and edits are accurate.
- Support the communications team by reading, re-writing and/or editing other program materials to improve readability.
- Edit documents for another EF program, as needed.
- Outstanding English writing and editing abilities a must.
- Candidate must possess exceptional analytical, organizational, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to develop material for both print and electronic formats such as activity reports, websites, articles and the like.
- Ability to multi-task in order to handle a multitude of short and long-term projects; with at times, competing and conflicting levels of priority.
- Work independently but take inputs from multiple stake holders within the organization.
- Experience in writing features, reports, blogs, web-stories and the like.
- Work needs to be delivered in regular cycles, corresponding to biweekly, quarterly project reporting. Generally, this will require approx. 3 days of more intense work every two weeks and approx. 2 weeks of intense work every quarter. In the interim periods, average LOE would be approx. 1-2 hrs/day.
- Original copy is prepared by non-native English speakers with varying degrees of English proficiency.
- Texts will require significant reformatting to meet project stylesheet standards.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “EditorTAPAS” in the subject line.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.