Eurasia Foundation, the implementer of USAID and UK aid funded project “Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services / TAPAS” is looking for Program Assistant (Open Data component). The application deadline is March 1, 2019.
Program: Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS)
Position: Program Assistant (Open Data component)
Reports to: Open Data Team Lead
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
Job Type: Full-time
Application deadline: March 1, 2019
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance and civil society development, is accepting applications for Program Assistant (Open Data component) for the USAID and UK aid funded Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) program.
Program Assistant is responsible for logistics and administrative support for Open Data component activities: events, meetings in Kyiv and regional cities, assist with program monitoring, contribute to regular program reports and support Team Lead in implementation of Open Data component work plan.
- Coordinate with partner organizations and state authority representatives for workshops/trainings arrangements in Kyiv and regions;
- Prepare training kits or information packages and distribute of materials among participants;
- Serve as a contact person for workshops/trainings participants, coordinate registration process;
- Documents processing: collect and review invoices, act of acceptances, prepare requests for payment, payment purchase request forms, etc.;
- Prepare events announcements, invitation letters;
- In coordination with Open Data Specialist assist with the logistics of all major public events focused on Open Data developments;
- Draft agendas and work schedules and assist with facilitating regular meetings among TAPAS staff, GoU officials and partner organizations working on Open Data;
- Coordinate and support local TAPAS partners responsible for delivering in-depth Open Data training for public sector officials;
- Assist with the memoranda and contracts signing procedures between recipients, beneficiaries and other counterparts (document and cover letter draft development ensuring accurate information to be included into program registration card);
- Assist with Open Data component monthly expenditure projections;
- Maintain program files and records;
- Maintain Open Data contact database, partner files and add new information as it becomes available;
- Support Open Data Team Lead in preparation of weekly, quarterly and annual reports ensuring donor’s requirements;
- Provide technical translation and interpretation if needed;
- Other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, social studies or other related field; Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum two years of experience supporting international technical assistance programs required; previous experience with USG-funded programs a plus;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Ukraine’s political context, Open Data policy and practice, relevant civil society organizations, and government service delivery preferred;
- Exceptional writing, research, and communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Experience in assisting/organizing events, trainings, workshops;
- Native Ukrainian and/or Russian fluency required; English writing and spoken proficiency required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “ODATAPAS” in the subject line. Application Deadline: March 01, 2019. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.