- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Date Posted: July 21, 2017
- Application Deadline: August 04, 2017 (applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
- Job Type: Full-time
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance, civil society development and independent media, is accepting applications for Communications Assistant for the USAID and UK aid funded Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) program.
The purpose of TAPAS is to financially support Ukrainian citizens and the Government of Ukraine in reducing or eliminating corruption in key public administration functions and services and build trust of Ukrainians in their government based on demonstrated transparency, accountability and improved services. The activity focus on three areas: 1) large scale use of electronic procurement in Ukraine; 2) an effective Open Data program; and 3) transparent and efficient public services in the form of eServices.
The Communications Assistant will work with communication consultants and vendors to promote TAPAS’ core messages and image; and assist with the delivery of high-level public events for GoU and civil society stakeholders.
The position will report to the TAPAS Communications Team Lead and is based in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Support a long-term communications strategy with clear interim objectives and indicators;
- Assist the Communications Lead in implementing communication strategy and in supporting project’s partners in their communication;
- Maintain program’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), ensure timely updates;
- Maintain calendars and appointments;
- Timely update and maintaining of the project’s web site and, when appropriate, contribute to the redesign of the program website;
- Support the design of the program outreach materials (e.g. social media graphics, booklets, leaflets, brochures) and event-related communications products (e.g. banners, name badges, hand out materials);
- Support project’s media relation efforts by maintaining media database, drafting press releases and organizing media events;
- Prepare weekly media monitoring for program staff;
- Develop monthly information newsletter for partners;
- Assist in coordinating communications efforts with other activities under the USAID Anti-Corruption Project in Ukraine, other related USAID and USG-funded activities in Ukraine, and with the GoU to ensure message complementarity and consistency;
- Contribute to the communications component of the program’s work plan and donor reporting.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field, Master’s degree preferred;
- Minimum 3 years of experience supporting an effective communications strategy; a focus on engaging government and civil society stakeholders preferred;
- Exceptional writing, research, and communications skills in Ukrainian and English;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Familiarity with social media platforms (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) required;
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (e.g., Photoshop, InDesign) preferred;
- Experience with website design and/or maintenance preferred;
- Native Ukrainian and/or Russian fluency required; English writing and spoken proficiency required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with “CATAPAS” in the subject line.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.