The USAID and UK aid Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services program / TAPAS is seeking Communications Manager. Deadline: July 11, 2018.
- Location: Kyiv, Ukraine
- Application Deadline: 11 July, 2018
- Job Type: Full-time
Eurasia Foundation (EF), a US-based international development organization promoting good governance, civil society development and independent media, is accepting applications for Communications Manager for the USAID and UKaid-funded Transparency and Accountability in Public Administration and Services (TAPAS) program.
The purpose of TAPAS is to financially support Ukrainian citizens and the Government of Ukraine in reducing or eliminating corruption in key public administration functions and services and build trust of Ukrainians in their government based on demonstrated transparency, accountability and improved services. The activity will focus on three areas: 1) large scale use of electronic procurement in Ukraine; 2) an effective Open Data program; and 3) transparent and efficient public services in the form of eServices.
This position will report to TAPAS program Chief of Party.
- Develop and maintain an effective communications strategy for an international assistance program working closely with Government of Ukraine beneficiaries;
- Lead a small team of local professionals and work closely with other key staff to ensure a cohesive communication effort;
- Oversee TAPAS implementing partners communication activities, ensuring compliance with donor branding requirements and advise partners on their communication activities;
- Coordinate communications efforts with other activities under the USAID Anti-Corruption Project in Ukraine, other related USAID, UKaid and USG-funded activities in Ukraine, and with the Government of Ukraine to ensure complementarity and consistency;
- Manage media relations;
- Oversee production for TAPAS program branded/information materials;
- Monitor and control TAPAS program communications budget;
- Contribute to annual work plans and to program monitoring, evaluation and reporting, ensure timely and accurate information provided;
- Perform other tasks as envisaged by the annual work plan of the program.
- Master’s degree in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years experience in developing and executing successful strategic communications programs, with a focus on broad public;
- Prior experience in strategic communications for internationally-funded donor projects preferred;
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills;
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and develop staff;
- Excellent speaking, writing, proofreading, reporting and other communications skills in English and Ukrainian;
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with CMTAPAS in the subject line.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.